The Iowa Insurance Division is beginning the claims process to reimburse customers harmed by Andrew Joyce of Joyce Funeral Home in Emmetsburg, Iowa.
Customers harmed should either:
If available, be prepared to upload documents with your claim, such as:
- Prefunded Funeral Contract
- Copies of checks
- Copies of receipts that would have been provided as payments made
- Statements received that show the payments made
- Copies of contracts or bill of sale for cemetery markers or engraving
Completed paper claim forms can be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 515-654-6500, or mailed to the Iowa Insurance Division c/o Connie Dykstra, 1963 Bell Avenue, Suite 100, Des Moines, Iowa 50315.
Claims must be submitted on or before Monday, November 7, 2022. Payments will be determined based upon the number and dollar amount of claims received.
By submitting a claim you are affirming that:
- preneed funeral arrangements were paid for and not placed in a financial instrument (insurance product or trusted) to cover funeral expenses at the time of death;
- a cemetery marker was paid for and not delivered; or
- final date engraving was not fulfilled.
Final date engraving could include:
- Engraving that had been paid for on a preneed arrangement and the family was charged a second time, either by Joyce Funeral Home or another funeral home to have it completed.
- Engraving paid for with the final arrangements that were made at the time of death and not completed.
If you were harmed in another way, or have any questions, please contact Connie Dykstra by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 515-314-9380.