1. Home

Motor Vehicle Service Contracts

Iowans can purchase motor vehicle service contracts from a sales agent or providers (most commonly auto-dealerships and financial institutions) for a motor vehicle service contract company to help provide repair, replacement, or expense reimbursements when a motor vehicle has an operational or structure failure due to a defect in materials, skill of work, or normal wear and tear.  Both the motor vehicle service contract company and the sales agent or provider must be registered with the Iowa Insurance Division, so double-check before purchasing a motor vehicle service contract. 

A list of motor vehicle service contract companies that register with the Iowa Insurance Division can be found here or in the data set below.


Contact Us

If you need assistance, please contact the Iowa Insurance Division.