Related Topics:

Regulated Industries

Investing is complicated, and people’s investment needs are very individualized. There are lots of options to choose from, so talking with an expert such as a licensed securities agent, investment adviser or insurance agent (also called an “insurance producer”) can be a big help to make sure you, your family and your assets are properly invested.

It’s important to do research on your investments and those you are doing investments with. Be sure to double-check before you invest by making sure the investment and the person selling it are currently licensed to do business in Iowa.

You do not need to use the same securities agent, investment adviser or insurance agent for all of your investment needs although it may be cost beneficial to do so. Contact the Iowa Insurance Division if you would like assistance reviewing the information.