Deadline for filing your annual Iowa Service Company License Report form is August 31, 2023.
File your license renewal form and all required documents electronically online, via the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) State Based Systems (SBS) for Organizations platform. The address for SBS is: www.statebasedsystems.com. Do not submit a single continuous item. Separate out each document and contract being uploaded.
- Select Iowa from the Jurisdiction Listing, then select Login to SBS for Organizations
- Enter the Username and Password selected when you created an SBS for Organizations account.
- Select Company Dashboard from the Go To Dashboard button
- Select Submit Filings
- From Company drop down menu select the company you want to file for
- Select Upload Attachment
- Select + File Upload
- Select the form to upload from your computer
- Provide Attachment Description
- Select Upload You will need to repeat steps 6 through 10 for the other items you are submitting.
- Enter the State Filing Fee: 500.00
- Plus 35.00 for each Motor Vehicle Service Contract
- Plus 3% fee for Residential Service Companies (The $35 contract fee is only applicable during initial licensing and license renewal.)
- Select Payment Method
- Click on Next
- Review Fees and Attachments
- Click on Next Finish the payment process
Note regarding fees: In addition to the state filing fee, you will be assessed an additional $10 attachment fee by SBS for using the online filing system. Credit card payments will carry a 3.5% service fee, applied to the total amount submitted. Payments made with an electronic check will carry a flat service fee of $2.00. Please understand our office has no control over these additional fees.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the additional fees, please contact the SBS Help Desk at 816-783-8990 or email@example.com. If you need assistance or help in the filing process please feel free to contact our agency at firstname.lastname@example.org.